One guy's life

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Eat That Frog

I recently had a downward blip in my performance at work. I decided that I needed to do something about it and searched around for the causes and a structure to help me improve. I found it in a book called "Eat That Frog" (ETF). ETF is a lightweight book in terms of length but packed into its pages are loads of useful tips on time management and prioritisation techniques.

So I implemented elements of ETF about 3 months ago and the benefits are really showing. I am immeasurably more effective at work. Results are improving significantly, and as a consequence of being on top of things more I think my staff are feeling less under pressure than at any point since I've been here.

I'm not saying I was bad before, merely that I wasn't performing to my own expectations. Now I can't see myself ever slipping back to my old practices. So that's today's lesson folks. Make sure that the first thing you do every morning is eat the ugly frog on your to do list and the world will become a better place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page