One guy's life

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Fuming.....x*&%@*&@(* NTL!

Last night I had a nightmare 2.5 hour journey to get home. Bloody Thameslink decided to keep cancelling trains but neglected to tell us poor saps at London Bridge Station until we had been waiting over 45 minutes. So I made my way to Kings Cross Thameslink only to find the platform jam packed. 4 trains later I managed to get on a train, and of course it stopped at every poxy flea-bitten backwater between London and Bedford.

I got home frustrated and knackered, sat down on my sofa, switched the tv on and...... nothing. No channels were working. I rang NTL's customer service line and after a 5 minutes of "if you want.... press 3" finally got through to the right department only to be told that customer services shuts at 8pm. Grrrr.

My g/f was out and so I decided to pop across to the chippy. On the way I stopped by at my neighbour's to see if their tv was ok. Nope, same problem. So clearly an NTL fault and not my set-top box. Not my fault Your Honour! And to cap it off I found out later that Broadband wasn't working either.

On the plus side the fault meant that I watched 2 episodes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and most of an Indian film called "Lagaan", DVDs that had been sitting on my shelf unwrapped and unwatched for months.

Anyway, back to the grumbles, this morning I still had no TV and so on the dot of 8am I called NTL. "The earliest we can get an engineer out is Monday". Monday!!!! MONDAY!!!! a whole bloomin week with no tv!!!!! And to cap it all I have to take 1/2 day of annual leave to sit and wait for NTL. Last time I did that they didn't even come in the house.

So I am about to ring NTL again and ask why I should stay with them rather than going with SKY.

No tv - no Big Brother - God how we depend on the Gogglebox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page