One guy's life

Friday, February 03, 2006

So much to write about....

... but I will have to compress it all into one post.

Last Friday I went to lunch at the Reform Club with a University friend. A fine day of fine food, fine wine, and fine company ensued.

On saturday, (with only a moderate hangover) I went to Northampton for the Quiz Grand Prix. Run by quizzing.co.uk the Grand Prix provide a very tough quiz and from the results compile national rankings. The current Mastermind champion and past Millionairre winner Pat Gibson was there. As were Kevin Ashman and CJ Demooi from BBC1s Eggheads.

180 questions (6 rounds of 30) in 80 minutes under exam conditions. At the end of it your worst round is eliminated to give your final score out of 150. I scored 73 which I was informed was a very good score for a beginner. I was 40th out of 61. Now I'm a competetive soul and would not have been happy with that beforehand, but after doing the quiz I doff my cap to those who scored higher than me.

In the afternoon there was a team quiz. There were 2 superteams who unsuprisingly came 1st and 2nd, but the team I was on came 3rd. Hoorah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page