One guy's life

Thursday, May 11, 2006

40 hours

This new job that I've got will free up at least 40 hours a month. That's 40 hours that I won't have to spend on a train. 40 hours that can give me back a social life. 40 hours that will mean that I am not permanently knackered.

40 hours is more than a working week that will be returned back to me. I will be able to take up my painting agin, spend more time in my garden, go to the cinema on a week night. The options, while not wildly exciting will make a massive difference to my quality of life.

The fly in the oinment is that my new job is a tough challenge. So if things don't go so well, my 40 hours will be eaten into as I work longer and longer hours in order to generate the cash needed to pay my wages. However I have confidence. Confidence in my ability to succeed in this new role. Confidence that this is an opportunity before me and not a threat.

Only time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Gypsy said...

twice you tell us about the new job, and yet no mention of what it entails. Please sir, can I have some more?

11:26 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page