One guy's life

Monday, May 01, 2006

I cried twice on Saturday


in a good way.

On Saturday afternoon my football team, Northampton Town won promotion to League 1. It was a tense, nervous day and we scraped the 1-0 win that took us up. At the end there was a massive pitch invasion but I stayed in the stands, observing with tears in my eyes. It was a sense of overwhelming relief rather than joy, and that is not at all what I would have predicted beforehand.



Then on Saturday evening there was a fantastic episode of Doctor Who. There was a scene right at the end which brought tears to my eyes for the second time that day. If you are unfamiliar with Doctor Who it is probably too difficult to explain what made me cry and why. Suffice to say that this this is Saturday tea-time sci-fi for a family audience. So to have such an emotional impact is credit to the fantastic writing and acting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page