One guy's life

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Those were the days my friend

This is my penultimate day in my job. On Thursday I suffer the ritual leaving do, with all the accompanying speaches and flattery. Am I happy to be going? In a way I am. I will really miss the people and I will miss the job. I wish I had had the chance to do this job with more resources, or indeed with the resources that my successor will be getting (on my recommendation). It wasn't to be.

But I am so very tired, and I will not miss my commute. The new job, let's call it 'Envirocash', is a massive new challenge. If I don't do my job, people lose theirs. I am ready for the challenge. It is time to stretch myself and reawaken the potential that I know is inside me.

As one door closes another opens. My cricket team call me 'cliche man' because of my on-field verbosity. I suppose I have just proved the truth in that nickname.

Could be worse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Locations of visitors to this page